Wednesday, July 4, 2012

זמן בבלוג אמיתי.

Every semester the students go to the Princess Basma school just up the street from the center to paint a mural. It was really cool walking around the building to see what the other semesters have done, and then we got started on our own! A smaller group of us went with Sister Harper to restore an old painting while the rest of the group started sketching our mural.  

we should have taken a before/after picture. compared to how it looked before, this painting  looks dang good. 



I’m starting to get really sentimental about this place because I only have about five weeks left.  Two of those weeks will be spent up north in Galilee so my time in the Old City and West Jerusalem is SO LIMITED! I’m really trying to take advantage of any spare moment I have to just be in the city. I should be there right now. Now that we are only taking two classes, we are free pretty much every afternoon to do whatever we want! On Sunday we decided to spend all day in the old city shopping. We've all put it off until the end so that the sneaky shopkeepers didn’t try to rip us off, but now we have a lot to do! 


eating tasty hummus at Shabban's! dwight, rachel, tacy, shelly, karen, shabban,  meg, susan, dev, and analise

this is me and achmed. he's great. he thinks i'm from canada because i wore a canada sticker on july 1. (we have some canada loving canadians in the center).

just a note from rachel bennett :)

my city.


No comments:

Post a Comment