Thursday, July 19, 2012

pre-galilee AND loving Galilee!

jumpin in the jc. This girl here, best friend forever and ever. 


finally we got into the secret garden! There is a little locked gate on the other side of Gethsemane. The priest has been really strict about letting anyone in. We had to call people, fill out paper work, and a lot of other things just to get in, but we finally did it!!

friends in the secret garden

Hiking at Ein Gedi in the 110 degree weather=sweating from places I didn't know I could sweat from, playing in refreshing waterfalls, and a LOT of fun!

me, Devery and Joe in Nazareth, where Jesus grew up! Also, where Joseph and Mary found out they would be the parents of Jesus Christ! I'm seeing the COOLEST things. 

Sunset Club in Galilee. This pic doesn't do that sunset justice. 

Rachelle, Susan, Me, Lane, and Melissa in front of a boat that was found from the time of Christ. Very nicely excavated and preserved.......... 

Listening to Rachelle and Meg play "Consider the Lillies" on the Mt. of Beatitudes. All the tourists were taking  pics of them.

Summer 2012 = best summer of my entire life.

FOR MY FAMILY. Looks like the love of my life will be named Jorge. Found this little beauty carved on a tree on the Mount of Beatitudes.  

Capernaum where Christ performed the most miracles recorded in  New Testament and gave the Bread of Life discourse! 

Don't even remind me that Galilee won't last forever. Also, don't remind me that I have to come home soon. I'm taking the advice given by President Uchtdorf in the 1st Presidency Message and living in the middle (read that message if you haven't!) Jerusalem has been fabulous, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing my family and friends. My experiences and memories here will stay with me for the rest of my life and that thought definitely makes it easier to come home.  I'm so grateful for the things I have learned here and the friendships I have made. Elder Holland was here last week with his family and told us students to let our time in Jerusalem change us. If we come home the same person, we will have made a big mistake. I know Jerusalem has changed me for the better and I am so grateful for my testimony that has been strengthened exponentially, and for the people I met that will be apart of my life forever.

My Old Testament professor taught me a few months ago: God is Good, Always. I'm not sure I believed him back then. Since taking New Testament and talking about our Savior, every single day, I know without a doubt that his statement is true.

God is Good, Always.

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful Hay. I love and adore you. Jorge is one lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete