Saturday, June 16, 2012

daddy's girl

I've always been a daddy's girl. (and a momma's girl. I guess I just love both of my parents). Since today is the Sabbath, we celebrated Father's Day today. I've been thinking lots about how great my dad is and the influence he has had on me. My daddy is HILARIOUS. If you kind of know him, you may be thinking..."no he's stern and scary and doesn't talk that much." Well, jokes on you, you don't really know him. But you should get to know him. My dad likes learning new dance moves, singing Halloween cat, and playing boxing on the wii. He puts me in the "doghouse" when I don't email him often enough and loves to call me his Prancer. He loves telling stories, especially when its something he's really excited about. He loves a good diet pepsi and a carwash on Saturday's. He mows the lawn in a nice polo shirt and enjoys torturing me with sweaty kisses.

My grandma always jokes that it'll be awhile before I get married because I'm looking for someone just like my dad. She's probably right. My dad is the best man I know and even though I'm not that excited to come home...it will be great to see my daddy!



I've also been very blessed with incredible grandpa's! Grandpa Mangum served in the Salt Lake inner city mission for FOREVER! (really!) He loves to help people and just wants everyone to have a good education so that they can succeed. Grandpa Gardner is currently serving in the Farmington New Mexico mission. Both of these men are great examples to me of how important it is to serve!


1 comment:

  1. Hailey you are the sweetest girl in the world. I am wiping tears over your tribute to your daddy and wonderful grandpas. I adore each of those men too. What a blessing they are in our lives.

    You and each of your roommates are beautiful girls inside and out. It is fun to read about each one of them. I am glad you are enjoying each other so much!!

    ReplyDelete