Sunday, May 20, 2012

I'm all ruined out.

Just got back from an awesome vacation to turkey! We had a blast. I'm going to put up pictures later... But just so I don't have to send too many emails tonight I will just write some highlights! Almost in no particular order.
1. Hagia Sophia. Definitely a highlight. I've been dying to see it since music 201 fall 2011... Yesterday my dream came true! I think I even had one small tear when we walked in. It was incredible.

2. Dance party on the beach. Our tour guide arranged this party for us and it was so fun. We danced the night away around a bonfire!

3. Making new friends. I feel like I'm better friends with everybody here. Life is great when you get to go on a vacation to turkey with 79 friends. At first I was a little sad because a lot of the people I hang out with frequently werent in my group. As soon as I got over myself I realized there were 39 great people in my group that I needed to get to know ad then i was happy! Now, i love my group and life is so good.

4. Seeing or talking about all 7 churches of Asia that john wrote about in revelations. About two years ago I went to Patmos where John received this revelation. And this week I got to go to all the little cities he had revelation for. The devotionals were incredible and the spirit was so strong. But I saw a lot of ancient ruins. By the end they all started looking the same. (hence the title of this post.)

5. Getting to know my professors, the doctor and his wife, and my branch president and his wife. We are lucky to have some pretty incredible leadership here. My professors know everything and literally have a good answer to every question.

6. Bus rides. We spent hours on the bus. But we had some great times. Dance parties, iPod idol, girl talk. So good.

7. Aqua fantasy. One of our hotels was called aqua fantasy. It was located right on the beach and was a blast. They had watersides and a big pool. The waterslides closed at six and we got back from ephesus at 5:30. But we Got two good slide runs in... So worth it.

I can't believe ive almost been here a month. Time is going by way too fast and I can't let even a minute pass me by.

Also, shout out to my baby sister Allie for making WX madrigals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment