Wednesday, May 30, 2012

shephelah

We had a great field trip to the Shephelah yesterday. We visited these 5 valley's...Aijalon, Sorek, Elah, Guvrim, and Lachish. I love our field trips. It's crazy how we can visit some burning hot, desolate land and feel the spirit. Our professor's are so great at explaining the scriptural and historical events from each location and then giving an awesome devotional that always brings the spirit right in.

me and joe at one of the valleys.
 this valley is where samson was from...i think its Elah but don't quote me. The ark of the covenant was at this very location! joe ludlow skipped school today and came on our field trip so he may or may not appear in most of my pictures.

david cramer and david burbidge
 This is at another valley...i wan't to say Sorek... This is the valley where David slew (is that a real word?) Goliath. That's what makes this pic of me and the David's so appropriate. They love David days. Today they wore crowns to class while we talked about the rise of King David in 1 Samuel.
just slinging a rock, like David. If I fought Goliath I would be dead real fast. My rock kept going backwards. 


i look so awkward. maddie, steph, and me

this is how you properly dismount from standing on an antiquity. dont tell dr. jackson. 
 At Lachish we got to stand in an ancient  Holy of Holies. We learned how important this was to their worship and had a great devotional. Except it was so hot that I can't remember much.
saving joe from a big cliff. this kid is great. 

just posin at the bell caves.

rachel, karen, joe, steph, and me
 These pictures don't really show how great these caves were. First, monday was like 1000000 degrees. So going underground was the greatest thing ever. I'm considering moving into these caves for the rest of the summer (it's REALLY getting hot here). Usually i'm not one for breaking into song (mostly just hymns) in public, but this was a really great place for singing.


me, meg, lane, and steph
Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. I think Joe is a very fortunate young man! It's going to be shocking for him to return to the world of 13 year old girls, but he looks like a guy that can handle it! Cute boy! I remember the bell caves. Great acoustics and a very cool place. You need your violin to test out the acoustics! You look so happy and like you are having so much fun Hay...makes me happy! Don't worry about the rock slinging. I wasn't good at it either and life has turned out ok. Just run if you meet someone named Goliath! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to read your blog Edie! You make me giggle! Looks like you're having a fabulous time! Love you!

    ReplyDelete