Friday, May 11, 2012

Katie Maree Bowen


Happy birthday to the best roommate in the world, Katie Bowen. Katie is turning twenty tomorrow (in jerusalem... haha may 12), so I’ll just say my favorite 20 things about this girl. (in no particular order).

1.      She makes me laugh so hard. We love to play animals and finger tag. We totes abbrev. words and talk like we’re 12 years old.

how could this not make you laugh. 
2.      She loves late night cereal parties. It’s always nice to have a friend while you eat 2AM cereal.


3.      She loves frosty Fridays. We agree that feels better to eat treats with another person.


4.      We think alike. Lots of times we’re thinking the same thing…but neither of us say it. And then we say it, and laugh. Really hard.

styling


5.      We like to tell weird secrets about ourselves late at night.


6.      She is really good at learning cheerleading and dancing moves. She’s patient when I don’t quite grasp basketball.  

haha

see how much she loves cheerleading?


7.      She can do a mean moonwalk.

she's got all the tricks
8.      I think we laughed so hard that we cried at least once a week this year.


9.      She loves when I wear booty shorts to bed…………..

mustache



10.  She’s so funky. You should see her outfits. Not hipster, but funky. Like medium hipster.



11.  She says “medium” and “OM!” with me.




12.  Her laugh, it’s contagious.



13.  She listens to me talk just so that I can work things out in my own head, and sometimes I’m lucky enough to get a hug when I’m sad.




14.  She doesn’t like to snuggle with girls…neither do I. It’s perfect
see us not touching?


15.  She is a genius but she won’t admit it…this girl get’s A’s in calc and linear algebra. (and then changes her major to something else because she isn’t good at math).

she just looks smart.




16.  She likes to walk to school with me.



boise road trip


17.  She responds to my weird text messages, and even writes weird ones back.
18.  She likes to have dance parties with me. Especially during finals week, to Adele.

dance party in the car



19.  She makes a mean barbeque chicken. I moved into our apartment completely unprepared to cook. She taught me!


20.  She puts up with the fact that I can’t make my bed. And that I can’t keep “my room” clean.




21.  I love when she comes home at night so that we can play for a while before bedtime.


22.  She is always in a good mood.





23.  She thinks in triangles and always considers the hypotenuse so that she can get places faster.



24.  She celebrates with me when I’m happy, and be’s sad with me when I’m sad. (see…we talk like children).




25.  She gives the best advice
26.  She takes weird pictures with me




27.  We agree on almost everything. And have at least one deep conversation a day.
28.  With Katie, bedtime is a loose term. We really mean to be in bed by midnight. But then we get talking and lose track of time. Sleep usually happens around 2AM.



29.  She likes late classes too. (10AM class for life).



30.  Katie makes me want to be a better person. I’ve never met anybody quite like her. She loves to help out and make other people happy. She worries about everybody and doesn’t do anything for herself. She is a constant example of a Christlike person. I know that while I’m living with Katie it will be easy to make good choices.



I couldn’t even stop at twenty, there are just too many reasons why I love Katie. This list doesn’t even begin to describe Katie Bowen. I’m grateful everyday for her in my life. I haven’t seen her in three whole weeks and it has been rough.  Happy Birthday Katmar, kt, koripolli, etc. I wish I could be home to celebrate with you! 
























1 comment:

  1. This is an adorable tribute to an adorable girl!I love both of you

    ReplyDelete