Wednesday, May 23, 2012

turkey pics!



rachel, me, karen, avery at the Gollipoli battlefield

 i learned all about this battle of gollipoli but now i've forgotten.
on a ferry, crossing from the european side to the asian side!
brooke, melinda, kenz, d-white, me, heather, and priscilla

the trojan horse!
 Troy was pretty interesting. Mostly it was just a lot of ancient ruins though. the horse was the coolest part.
do we look like horses? trojan horses?
alvin, steph, me, and beka

pool party!!!!! (freezing)
 playing at our hotel!
i found some cheerleaders. we like to stunt.

this doesn't even capture the excitement of our bonfire dance party with dj aj. 

life is just great. It's been crazy around here with midterms and arab dinner nights and such.
something really exciting happened to me today. prepare yourself. this is a real Israel adventure.

I was just casually strolling, minding my own business. This guy selling postcards came up to me and tried to sell. I looked him straight in the eyes and said NO! (that's the only way you can give them the message). He kept being super pushy, which isn't that strange here. He was walking really close to me and kept stepping on Devery walking next to me. He was all up in my face and just being really weird. Finally I said LEAVE US ALONE! and dwight pulled us away from him. Well, dwight looked down at my purse and noticed that it was open. So i looked in there and you'll never believe what was missing. My wallet. Yes, the hot pink wallet that I bought on my senior year music trip. Gone. Luckily, it broke in half about two weeks ago. So I only carry around the money half and not the part with all my ID's and cards. (blessing). I don't exactly know how much was in there...but I would guess about $40-50 dollars. I took out all my American money for some reason this morning and I am really grateful I did. I've become a little too trustworthy here. Everyone is just so nice and nobody has ever had a problem so I stopped being really careful about closing my purse and protecting! But now, I will be much more careful. I remember that creepy guy's little creepy stare. If I ever see him again....he's going down. 


1 comment:

  1. Dear Miss Hailey... I'm LOVING your posts! You are having quite the experiences over there in the Holy Land! So fun! Oh, by the way, your friend, Rachel, her mom and I grew up together.. actually, her mom's brother is MY Brother-in law... small world! Anyway, Rachel's mom, Nanette Garrett, is a dear life long friend of mine! Isn't that amazing? Just thought I'd share that with you! I am loving everything you are doing and seeing! Sorry to hear about your wallet, but good call on leaving the Credit cards/ID at home! You were inspired! Keep having an amazing time! I love you! Keep having such a great adventure! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete