Thursday, May 24, 2012

More turkey

I'm trying to update on turkey quickly because new and exciting things happen in my life everyday. So I'm getting behind!

My favorite ancient ruins would have to be assos and Ephesus. I went to Ephesus with some friends about two years ago and hated it! I didn't understand why it was even cool. I'm glad we went to some lesser ruins before Ephesus because then I understood why it's so great!

We had to hike up a big hill to reach Assos. The ruins were just kind of normal. But the view was INCREDIBLE. I think it was one of the most beautiful views i've seen in  my life. The apostle Paul went to Assos, but I can't remember what he did there. I wrote it down somewhere though.


michael and i at Assos. BEAUTIFUL VIEW! and yes. i'm wearing navy&brown. and chacos. 


posing at the assos theater with devery, kenz, and heather

magnum bars forever. (also..i think i pull off the blonde afro nicely)
 Later that day we visited Pergamon. This is one of the seven churches of Asia. We got to take a cool tram to the top of a hill. It was great.

The next day we saw Ephesus and the Church of saint John. Many people believe John was buried there. Those silly guys, John wasn't buried! Ephesus was incredible. Compared to all the other ancient ruins ive seen (and trust me I am becoming quite the ancient ruin expert) it was the greatest. The library of celsus was incredible and the theater was huge. And to top that off I got to pose in the sacriphogus (that's how our cute Turkish guide nejib said sarcophagus.) speaking of nejib. He was the cutest little guy around. He likes everything "so much. It is so good and so beautiful" especially when there are " tirtee tree towsand people" he was great.

ephesus!

just posing in the sacrafogus


 After Ephesus we went to priene. It was just some more ruins. The thing I remember most about this place was the devotional that brother huntsman gave. We talked about how hard it must have been for the apostle Paul to say goodbye to his friends in ephesus. We then talked about death and separation from our loved ones. Im pretty sure everyone cried.
statues at Priene



We then headed back to our hotel "aqua fantasy". We got two solid waterslide runs in before they closed. But now I can say ive been to a Turkish waterpark! That night we partied at the huge hotel and went to a karaoke party.

No comments:

Post a Comment