Thursday, May 24, 2012

you lie like a rug

I just told brother ludlow that my favorite class is ANE and that i've already studied the readings in depth for class tomorrow. He told me that I lie like a rug. I like that. That's why he's my favorite.

After all of our aqua fantasies had been fulfilled we were obviously exhausted. We went to bed and woke up to our wake up call the next morning...or so we thought. My roommate Beka answered the call and found that it was 7:30. We had missed breakfast and our whole class was on the bus waiting for us. We threw everything in our suitcases and were on the bus within 3 minutes of our wakeup call. If thats not impressive, I'm not sure what is. That was the beginning of a rough day. I spilled a little bit of everything I ate all day on my clothes. Kind of like a walking scrapbook.

We had a 10 hour bus ride that day (not exaggerating) so I guess it was a good day to be rough. We saw Sardis and thyatira (ancient ruins not much to say).

rachel, hannah, and me at Sardis
We got to our hotel in bursa and had the best dinner of the whole turkey trip. Our last hotel had super tasty chocolate cake. (it was real!!!!!!) the cake was a highlight and yes it is documented on the shirt scrapbook.

me and steph
 The next day we went to Nicea where they made theNicean Creed. We talked about the restoration of the Gospel and how it's pretty cool that what scholars took days to decide...Joseph Smith learned in just a few hours!

Then we went to Hagia Sophia! It was so amazing! I learned all about it last fall and have wanted to go ever since. It exceeded my expectations. These pictures don't even begin to describe how beautiful it was.


me, rachel, chantal

Our last couple hours in Istanbul were full of shopping and a completely fishy dinnner (i hate fish), so I had fruit and bread. These pictures don't do Turkey justice. It's an incredible place and I will definitely be going back.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you loved Turkey! I sooo want to see Hagia Sophia someday and I'm glad you were able to appreciate it! My BYU Art History class planted that desire in me and I've yet to do it! Also, remember when you had OCD for a year and couldn't even handle a drop of a spill anywhere on your person? Let's just celebrate your shirt scrapbook as a major psychological victory!! Hay, you look so happy, sparkly and awesome. We just want to reach you out of those pictures and squeeze you and put you back! Keep enjoying each and every day of this incredible opportunity! I still consider a major highlight and even turning point in my life!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete